Sunday, June 22, 2014

Red Vein at Night...

There's an old weather adage that helps us make a semi-accurate forecast, based on the sunrise and sunset:
"Red sky at night, sailor's delight; red sky in the morning, sailor's warning."
In other words, look for a stormy day if the sunrise has a red hue. A red sunset, however, supposedly signals that the next day will be a pleasant one.

Substitute "red sky" for "red vein", and we have sage advice for me, and likely others who take kratom. It's taken me a while to understand that Red Vein kratom does not work for me in the way that I need during the daylight hours. It seems to work well as a sedative for me, which is great in the evenings after my son goes to bed. It tends to mean that I fall asleep easier, and end up with a better night's sleep. However, a dose of a red vein kratom in the morning is simply not enough to keep me alert and focused, and is in fact, counterproductive.

Sometimes, it takes time and experimentation to learn the nuances of the ways in which certain stimuli affect one's body chemistry. Kratom is an amazing plant, but understanding one's needs, and how different varieties of kratom address those needs, is essential for maximizing kratom's benefit.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments should be clearly-written, and courteous. Comments deemed by the site administrator to be mean-spirited, rude, threatening, or off-topic, may be removed at the whim of the administrator.