Monday, May 26, 2014

For My Family

If we're being brutally honest, I found kratom at a time when I was searching for legal psychoactive drugs, about four years ago. I was searching for something that would be somewhat recreational, and also treat my anxiety. I hesitate to admit that I found kratom at a local head shop, which cost half my weekly allowance for three days' worth. (I've since become much more sensible with my kratom purchases.) The first time I tried kratom, I found it interesting, but it wasn't really what I was seeking at the time. Nonetheless, I finished the remainder of the package over the course of the next few days.

After a few days, I started to experience two things that improved:
  1. My energy and mood. I was able to stay awake after work, and engage with my wife and son.
  2. My acid reflux became a thing of the past.
My lack of energy, and inability to stay awake at both work and at home were a heated point of contention for my wife and me. I knew that I shouldn't feel as exhausted as I did, and had tried a sleep study, along with prescription nighttime sleep aids. The new-found energy began to change my life. I would now come home from work and want to play with my son, instead of fall asleep on the couch. I no longer nodded off at work, which meant an instant increase in productivity. Over the course of the next few months, I found my desire to consume alcohol also decreased (another heated topic for me and my wife).

Four years later, I do sometimes regret the years when I was too tired to be actively engaged with my family, but I continue to take kratom so that I can keep striving to be the best father and husband I can. My professional life has also improved; I'm much more productive, and am learning so much more about my field. Since my drinking has decreased, I still go out with friends, but for the primary purpose of socializing rather than "getting drunk." Oh, and remember that search for recreational, legal psychoactive drugs that started this journey? That search is now a thing of the past.

I use kratom because my family needs an involved husband and father. How about you?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments should be clearly-written, and courteous. Comments deemed by the site administrator to be mean-spirited, rude, threatening, or off-topic, may be removed at the whim of the administrator.