Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tolerance

I've been taking kratom for about three years now, and have been at a consistent dose for most of that time. I average about 15-20g per day. Every month or so, I drop that dose for a couple of days, and consume around 10g per day. I save this reduction in dosage for the weekends, when it's generally more acceptable to be sluggish. This weekend has been one of those weekends, and I actually didn't notice a big difference in my mood or energy level. I got some productive family time in, and tackled one or two items on the honey-do list. The beautiful weather was also very energizing.

Tomorrow, it's back to work and also the end of my on-call rotation (yuck). I'll resume my regular kratom dosage, and won't be tethered to my cell phone, so there's goodness all around. Also? Thursday is the day I place my next order, and I'll have some extra leftover!

How do you keep your tolerance in check? Leave your tips in the comments!

5 comments :

  1. To the OP and Rob. 21 and 15-20 gms/day seems a REALLY high dose in my exprience. Is this where you started at or have you had to increase? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the OP and Rob. 21 and 15-20 gms/day seems a REALLY high dose in my exprience. Is this where you started at or have you had to increase? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It probably is relatively high, and I didn't start out with that dose. Luckily, for me, it's remained constant at about that amount for a couple of years. I usually have five in the morning, five after lunch, and then seven to eight grams around 7pm. I've never had to take more than this, and sometimes take less. I find the three dose per day optimal, though, to keep my energy/productivity at a good level. I also use it to help with some G.I. issues, so dosing consistently like that helps a lot.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the response rob. I need to get a scale as I'm just estimating how much I'm taking - 2-3 tsps of medium grind at this point. Need it mostly for sleep. If you have some advice about which strains are best for sleep, i would be greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there. Sorry for the gigantic delay in responding. I generally don't recommend specific strains, because all strains (and people's body chemistry) are so different. I've read that red veins have a more sedating effect, so you may want to go down that rabbit hole. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Your comments should be clearly-written, and courteous. Comments deemed by the site administrator to be mean-spirited, rude, threatening, or off-topic, may be removed at the whim of the administrator.